Greetings Property Swappers!
Join us for UF Spring Collection Day! This is a great opportunity to easily get non-tagged items to Asset Management without having to go through the usual process. Tagged items will need to be accompanied by the usual paperwork to be dropped off. Please see information about other items that can be dropped off at the event and a message from Michael Stringer at Asset Management below. I'm happy to field any questions.
UF Office of Sustainability
Drop off your unwanted household items, clothing, hazardous/electronic waste, and more on April 22 at the O'Connell Center from 7:30am - 2:00pm!
Examples of items being collected include:
• Gently use household items (i.e. appliances, kitchen supplies, clothing, shoes, tools, furniture, etc.) which will benefit Haven Hospice
• Non-perishable food items which will go to the UF Field & Fork Pantry
• New or like-new school or office supplies which will benefit the Alachua County Tools For Schools program
• Personal damaged goods or hazardous & electronic waste* (i.e. broken/damaged appliances, electronics, computer equipment, paint, corrosive chemicals, used cooking oil, automotive fluids, vehicle batteries, pesticides, light bulbs, etc.) which will be taken to the Alachua County Hazardous Waste Collection Center for proper recycling or disposal.
• University assets & IT equipment which will be processed by Asset Management. Approved survey paperwork is still required for any item with a decal, so please bring it with you! Anything without a decal (furniture and peripherals) may be dropped off without a form.
*Personal household and residence hall waste only. No University Laboratory or shop waste. Transport all materials in a secure and safe container. If there is a possibility of spilling, please take it directly to the Alachua County Hazardous Waste Collection Center. If you have any questions regarding Household Hazardous Waste, please call (352)-334-0440.
All University chemical and hazardous waste is to be handled by UF Environmental Health and Safety. Contact EH&S at 352-392-8400 for assistance.
From: UF Accountable Officers and Department Contacts [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Stringer
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Spring Collection Day 2016
In connection with the Spring Collection Day that UF Sustainability is holding on Friday April 22nd from 7:30 am to 2 pm at the O'Connell Center parking lot, Asset Management has declared the Thursday before (April
21st) as another day for the Spring Collection Day for UF Departments to bring their items directly to Building 714 Warehouse loading dock between the hours of 8:30 am to 3 pm.
This year as in the past, we (Surplus Property) will be accepting the UF items into the warehouse without a survey form. However, we will not take any UF asset items with Orange Decals whose value is $5,000 or more. These items must include a completed and approved Survey Form to be dropped off at the Surplus Property Warehouse on the 21st or at the O'Connell Center on the 22nd. Also, any Attractive equipment must also be accompanied with an approved survey form.
As always, the same Asset Management rules apply to the UF items being dropped off on Thursday or Friday as to UF items that Surplus Property picks up daily. For example, items that contain Freon must have the Freon removed prior to being dropped off (such as refrigerators) and no bio hazard or radioactive items may be dropped off without EHS prior approval that they are safe to handle.
Should you have any questions regarding the Collection Day or the Surplus Property rules as they apply to UF items, please contact me at 352-392- 0370.