***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
If you work with longitudinal network data and will be at the INSNA
Sunbelt conference, I hope you will consider attending our workshop.
*Managing Dynamic Network Data in statnet: Animations, Data Structures
and Temporal SNA*
Tuesday April 5th, 3:00pm –6:00pm
Register at: http://insna.org/sunbelt2016/registration/
This workshop will provide an introduction to the R packages
networkDynamic, ndtv and tsna. These tools can be used for descriptive
statistics and visualizations with empirical and simulated dynamic
The workshop will demonstrate:
- How create visualizations of dynamics using
* video animations
* interactive HTML5 web pages.
* relationship timelines,
* filmstrips and other projections
- Calculating temporal network statistics using the tsna package
- How to import, transform and extract relational data with timing
information from various data structures (matrices, spell lists,
- How to slice and aggregate time in networks.
- How to attach and manipulate dynamic vertex and edge attributes
If you are interested quick preview of the ndtv animation portion, check
Some additional examples on my blog at http://skyeome.net/wordpress/
Familiarity with R. Previous experience with the statnet packages (ergm,
tergm, network and networkDynamic) is helpful but not required.
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.