Relay for Life

HOSA at UF <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 28 Mar 2016 18:53:04 -0400

text/plain

Hey everyone,

   There is still time to sign up to join our team so that you can
fundraise and/or join us for the event this Friday from 6pm-6am at Flavet
Field.

If you are on the team, follow the website to send out emails asking for
donations! There are more detailed instructions in one of my earlier
emails.

Whether you are a member of our team or not, you can submit pictures to be
in the Luminary Ceremony during the event. Send the pictures to

Info for pictures:
The picture can be of someone who has passed away, someone who is currently
battling cancer, or a survivor (so anyone who has or has had cancer at some
point). The picture can be of just that person or the person with whoever
is sending in the picture (For example, my mom is a survivor and I'm
including a picture of me and her together).
People can choose to have only the picture or they can provide information
as well to be included. Possible information is:
-Person's name
-Relationship to that person
-Year/Date they passed away
-How long they battled/have been battling cancer
-How long they have been a survivor
-Message they want to include (ex. I love you, I miss you, Keep up the
fight, etc. essentially anything that's short)

This Wednesday, March 30th from 5-7pm, the UF Relay for Life leadership
team will be at Hope Lodge for Bank Night, come out to support and raise
money.

Relay will also be tabling in Turlington every day this week from 10am-2pm.
On Wednesday, they will be selling Luminaria and they will be selling Relay
for Life swag every day.

Relay is this Friday! I will probably be at Flavet Field around 5 to begin
setting up, anyone is welcome to come early to help. The event will run
between 6pm and 6am. There will be lots of fundraisers like face painting,
games, and candy. You can go online to find out more about exactly what
happens at Relay. We'll take turns doing (walking) laps and running our own
fundraiser. You don't need to stay the whole time if you can't, but
everyone on the team is encouraged to stay the whole time! Our theme is
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory so feel free to dress up. We'll be
selling candy bars, and some of them will have golden tickets redeemable
for bigger prizes. Here's the Facebook event, make sure you RSVP!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1711829409064095/
<https://outlook.office.com/OWA/redir.aspx?REF=IWxSMdyERlopexnDw4dLIFQun5wKDhA07P0tN2SwHVhgptJAWVfTCAFodHRwczovL3d3dy5mYWNlYm9vay5jb20vZXZlbnRzLzE3MTE4Mjk0MDkwNjQwOTUv>

Brittany Woody

Executive Board