]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  April 2016

SOCNET April 2016

Networks and Trajectories from Literary Text

Moses Boudourides <[log in to unmask]>

Moses Boudourides <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:29:13 +0300

text/plain

Hello,

Just to inform at least those of you who are considering their
participation at our workshop "Extracting Social Networks from
Literary Text" at the Paris June 2016 EUSN that an example of the
computations we will be doing at this workshop is posted at my github
blog:

http://mboudour.github.io/2016/04/17/Arthur-Conan-Doyle's-A-Study-in-Scarlet-Network-&-Trajectories.html

It is about the network of sententially co-occurrent characters in
Arthur Conan Doyle's "A Study in Scarlet." In particular, our emphasis
is given in the computation of trajectories/transitions of Sherlock
Holme's sentential co-occurrences with other characters of the book,
according to the methodology of transitions/trajectories in temporal
networks originally developed by Borgatti & Halgin. Those interested
in this methodology might also want to read our presentation at the
Brighton 2015 Sunbelt:

http://www.slideshare.net/MosesBoudourides/trajectories1

Best,

--Moses