Help for INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L@LISTS.UFL.EDU

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Home

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Home

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L  2017

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L 2017

UF instructor mentorship group opportunity

Matthew Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion of teaching informatics skills <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 12 Jul 2017 14:16:22 +0000

text/plain

During the Carpentry instructor training in late May, we talked about how to get help finishing instructor certifications checkouts[1] and opportunities to join peer groups through the Carentries' mentorship program. It is going to be a while before the Carpentries open another mentor round so I would like to organize one locally.

I propose three weekly meetings to get started. New instructors and experienced instructors are invited and we will discuss where everyone is in the certification process, answer questions about it, and you can work on completing it together. Anything else you'd like to know about becoming an instructor is also fair game.

I have made a WhenIsGood to help us pick a time in the next two weeks to have the initial meeting. Please paint over the time blocks that might work well for you and I'll arrange the room and final time.

http://whenisgood.net/mq98y7p

And don't forget that we're looking for instructors and helpers for our workshops the week of August 14 - 18. This is a perfect opportunity to finish your certification and teach for the first time! More details to come.

(If you are wondering why you got this email, I BCC'ed participants in the instructor training course if you're not already on the informatics-teaching-l because we talked about mentorship groups during the training. I will only be contacting you about things directly related to your participation in that workshop.)

[1] https://swcarpentry.github.io/instructor-training/checkout/

Thank you everyone and I look forward to seeing you,

Matthew Collins
Technical Operations Manager
University of Florida
352-392-5414