Help for INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L@LISTS.UFL.EDU

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Home

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Home

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L  2017

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L 2017

Re: Instructors and helpers needed for October 30-31 Data Carpentry

Matthew Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion of teaching informatics skills <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 26 Sep 2017 19:35:19 +0000

text/plain

Thank you everyone for responding on and off list. Deb, David, Elise, and Dan are going to be teaching and anyone else is welcome as a helper.

Since so many people were interested in teaching, would someone else be interested in organizing a second workshop this semester? (There is a checklist to help you.) We're drifting in to final project and exam season but I'm happy to entertain ideas about a time.

An alternative would be to start planning Spring workshops now so we can organize and announce them around Thanksgiving to give people time to sign up before break.

Also, we really should start an official Carpentries Club to adjudicate such matters of scheduling. If anyone knows of a structure at UF for staff, faculty, and students to form an official group, please let us know. Otherwise we can just be unofficial.

Matthew Collins
Technical Operations Manager
University of Florida
352-392-5414