ACIS/iDigBio - Systems Administrator/Programmer III
This requisition has been re-posted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Expected salary is ~$80k.
Exceptional candidates will have experience with several of the following:
- Virtualization and cloud technologies such as VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- System automation and deployment such as Salt, Puppet, Chef, Foreman
- Open source RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, MySQL / MariaDB
- Distributed storage, filesystems, object stores, and NoSQL such as Ceph, HDFS, GlusterFS, Riak, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra
- Messaging / tasks queues such as Celery, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Web applications / platforms such as Drupal, Mediawiki, Django
- Multiple operating systems such as Mac, Linux, Windows
- RESTful web services and APIs
- Physical infrastructure (servers, networks, and datacenter operations)
- Writing documentation
- Preparing presentation materials
- Presenting at conferences or workshops
- Source code version control and Open Source development
Applicants *must* apply at the jobs.ufl.edu site above.
iDigBio / ACIS Laboratory
University of Florida