LINUX-L 2017

Re: video card selection

John Gelnaw <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 6 Nov 2017 10:17:24 -0500

text/plain

On Sunday, November 5, 2017 2:23:54 PM EST Eben King wrote:
> I have an i5-6400 (2.7 GHz max) driving my three monitors. How do I find a
> comparison of video cards to it, so I can decide whether it's worthwhile to
> get a standalone video card? I see comparisons of card vs card, but that's
> no help in my case.

For comparison, the i5-6400 appears to be 'Skylake', and has an "Intel HD
Graphics 530" GPU.

If you're just doing web surfing, email, youtube, that sort of thing, it'll be
fine.

Higher resolution displays, gaming and 3D visualization applications will
benefit from a more powerful card.

--
John Gelnaw <[log in to unmask]>
University of Florida Health IT