LINUX-L 2017

Re: video card selection

"Wark,Geoffrey T" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 6 Nov 2017 16:01:01 +0000

text/plain

The tearing is probably just a problem with your compositor. What distro/DE are you using?

--------------------
Sincerely,

Geoff Wark
IT Analyst II
Office of Research
University of Florida

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain legally privileged or confidential information. Any other distribution, copying, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and destroy this message immediately. Unauthorized access to confidential information is subject to federal and state laws and could result in personal liability, fines, and imprisonment. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Platform Independent Linux List! [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eben King
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 10:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: video card selection

On 11/06/17 10:24, Wark,Geoffrey T wrote:
> Can you provide a budget/use case? Integrated graphics/drivers are quite capable these days.

I'm figuring $50-$100 for a replacement, and a used card is OK by me.. I currently see some tearing on 720 or 1080 videos full-screen on a 1920x1200 HDMI monitor. No gaming or mining, so probably 3d capabilities are irrelevant. I'd like to try some eye-candy WMs without my computer bogging down.

--
-eben [log in to unmask]
LEO: Now is not a good time to photocopy your butt and staple it