LINUX-L 2017

Re: Registars you like?

Robert Munyer <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 22 Nov 2017 23:16:55 -0500

text/plain

Allen Rout wrote:

> I just got bit by some expletive expunged dark patterns at
> register.com, and I'm sick of it. I want to host my names with a
> service provider that doesn't set me a game of gotcha every time I
> interact with their cart. Who do you like?

I switched to namecheap's FreeDNS when my previous DNS host started
playing dirty tricks. Later when I had a problem, I used their "live
chat support" button, and got someone who almost immediately understood
my description of the problem, and quickly figured out how to fix it.

What a shock!

I haven't used any of their paid services, but I intend to, the next
time I need to register or renew a domain.

-- Robert