Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SOCNET Home

SOCNET  March 2017

SOCNET March 2017

Re: Bipartite plots

James Holland Jones <[log in to unmask]>

James Holland Jones <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Mar 2017 22:03:04 +0000

text/plain

You can plot a bipartite graph using igraph (takes the argument layout=layout.bipartite). The default is to plot as two rows (so vertically) and I don't know if you can change that. igraph tries to minimize the crossings with the Sugiyama algorithm.

K. Sugiyama, S. Tagawa and M. Toda. 1981. Methods for Visual Understanding of Hierarchical Systems. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics. 11(2):109-125, 1981.

One of the ecological packages (maybe vegan?) does horizontal bipartite layouts, I think. No attempt to minimize crossings though, if I remember correctly...

JHJ

--
James Holland Jones
Associate Professor of Earth Systems Science &

473 Via Ortega, Room 140
Stanford, CA 94305-4216

phone:	650-721-2484
fax:	650-498-5099