Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Why Gov Needs Better Records Management
From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 13 Aug 2017 15:36:21 -0500

The 2012 Managing Government Records Directive has been touted as a major
achievement for modernizing federal records management. Moving from
paper-based to electronic records helps accelerate information searches and
increases accessibility. It also greatly reduces the costs of storing
hard-copy records.

The directive applies to all types of records across federal agencies. That
means it includes emails, reports, spreadsheets, policies, manuals, social
media and more. The point is to preserve records that are important to
government operations and citizens, while safely destroying records of no
value.

http://bit.ly/2fDPlg6
http://bit.ly/2fDPlg6+

--