Help for INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L@LISTS.UFL.EDU

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Home

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Home

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L  2018

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L 2018

Registration now open for Jan 22 Software Carpentry

Matthew Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion of teaching informatics skills <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Jan 2018 14:07:46 +0000

text/plain

Registration is now open for the January 22-23 Software Carpentry workshop:

https://uf-carpentry.github.io/2018-01-22-UFII/

We are also looking for at least one additional instructor and one additional helper, preferably for R. Miao and Brian are already teaching.

Please advertise this widely. Some suggested text:

The UF Carpentries Club, Informatics Institute, Biodiversity Institute, and the Marston Science Library are combining to put on Software and Data Carpentry workshops this spring. Come and get your spring semester off to a great start by learning the tools you need to succeed! Our first workshop is a 2-day Software Carpentry teaching R to be held January 22-23.

These workshops fill up fast so if you're interested, register today!

https://uf-carpentry.github.io/2018-01-22-UFII/

This two day workshop will help the UF community get started learning R and common software development tools such as the Unix shell, SQL, and Git. Need to learn some programming for a class? Want to collaborate effectively with your peers? This is the workshop for you.

Matthew Collins
Technical Operations Manager
University of Florida
352-392-5414