Help for INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L@LISTS.UFL.EDU

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Home

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Home

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L  2018

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L 2018

Group meeting to discuss evaluating workshop impact at UF

Matthew Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion of teaching informatics skills <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 Apr 2018 21:20:28 +0000

text/plain

Today a varied group of people with expertise in student lead and informal learning activities at UF met to discuss how to assemble and share data to demonstrate their impact on UF's success. Originally one of my goals was an academic paper but a significant outcome from this meeting was identifying easier to meet outputs like summaries for presentation to UF administration that would be equally useful.

Meeting minutes as well a fuller description of the motivations behind this meeting are here:

https://github.com/UF-Carpentry/Coordination/wiki/Study-2018-04-11

All are welcome to jump in to discuss this topic. At this point the next meeting is unscheduled but with about a dozen people expressing interest in this topic, we'll undoubtedly be meeting at least once again before the end of the semester. This mailing list will be where things will be announced.

Matthew Collins
Technical Operations Manager
University of Florida
352-392-5414