Help for INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L@LISTS.UFL.EDU

Message:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

Previous

Next

Last

]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Home

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L Home

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L  2018

INFORMATICS-TEACHING-L 2018

Data helpdesk presentations at Ecological Society of America (8/5-8/10 in NOLA)

Matthew Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Discussion of teaching informatics skills <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 6 Jul 2018 10:31:14 +0000

text/plain

During the 2018 Ecological Society of America conference in New Orleans (8/5-8/10) a collaboration of data projects have put their booths together and are running a data help desk. Our goal is to provide a place for researchers to get individual and small group help with their struggles working with data.

https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/ESA_2018_Data_Help_Desk

We're looking for help from anyone who is going to be attending the conference in delivering short (20-40 minute) presentations on a topic you're familiar with. Some examples:

- Frequency and distribution of correctly distributed rubber spheres
- Applications of fully convolutional networks to remotely sensed imagery
- Mini-workshop on the basics of meta-analysis and systematic review
- R shiny

If you're interested, please fill in the following form or get in touch with me. Please also forward this invitation on to anyone you know who is attending the conference.

https://goo.gl/forms/W3l5XjNJLvIiWkVJ3

Matthew Collins
Technical Operations Manager
University of Florida