Help for LINUX-L Archives

LINUX-L Archives

Subject: Re: Mail Server Inquiry
From: Brian Bartholomew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Mar 2018 19:22:29 -0500

> AUTH on port 25 is on your list of expected features?

My goal while sysadmin in the university department was that Thunderbird
at home on Cox cable worked without logging into the university VPN.
Was that particular exposure unnecessary?

| Nowadays I let Google Gmail handle it all for me.

I have to score the major mail and virtual hosting services as instances
of MITM between you and your emails' recipient.  Not that I've chosen to
avoid them.

> I'm curious whether your mailtesting page got a hit, a few seconds
> after you sent your message.  If it did, that hit would presumably be
> from the thing that replaced your 52-character URL with a
> 293-character URL.

grep 'mailtesting\.html' ssl_access.log | grep -v 'mailflow\.svg' > /tmp/mailtesting-probe,log

--
Working Version                 Brian Bartholomew, President
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.workver.com&d=DwIBAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=iUSCqQal-H20QF9or__3g2H9ORMheuOrwYuG_vCdc2g&m=EDZEqG9LKXLFnjfgAYGU5ja2Z6Z82Fj148qnnbIPsxo&s=wj5h0iMv2GCHuObgb6C3LK2vIVYaIxiTp5lekGhzgGk&e=         Host Factory computer configuration management