Help for LINUX-L Archives

LINUX-L Archives

Subject: Re: Ubuntu 18.04 out
From: "Wark,Geoffrey T" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 3 May 2018 20:36:12 +0000

I think it's generally advisable to do a fresh install between LTS releases.  I've never tried the "keep files" option and wouldn't trust it either.  Be sure to backup your files.

Sincerely,

Geoff Wark
IT Analyst II
Office of Research
University of Florida

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain legally privileged or confidential information.  Any other distribution, copying, or disclosure is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and destroy this message immediately.  Unauthorized access to confidential information is subject to federal and state laws and could result in personal liability, fines, and imprisonment.  Thank you.