Help for LINUX-L Archives

LINUX-L Archives

Subject: Re: Anyone interested in a server build contract?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 24 May 2018 16:30:44 -0400

On 05/24/2018 01:42 PM, Jon Akers wrote:
> And ten-to-one the laptop they are using right now doesn't have 16gb of
> RAM, or has exactly that amount. I bet something like a Dell Precision
> or PowerEdge R640 with a couple of NVMe drives and 96gb of RAM would
> make it scream.
>
> (I know I might be talking myself out of a job here, but frankly I don't
> want the job in the first place... this is just some fun speculation)

From what Dan said about the Android build recommendations, the 'short
on core' suggestion sounds plausible.  I could totally see swapping
being a big deal.

I don't have a horse in the race, and FYI someone contacted me off list
and the customer appears to like the cut of his jib, so someone's taking
a shot at it.   But I'll forward the free consulting. ;)

- Allen S. Rout