Help for LINUX-L Archives

LINUX-L Archives

Subject: Re: Mail Server Inquiry
From: John Gelnaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Feb 2018 11:40:52 -0500

For informational purposes, it's nice to build it yourself.  As you're
discovering, there are a lot of moving parts involved that need to be
understood.

I'd start with postfix + dovecot, and once that's stable, think about adding a
database backend.

Alternatively, having run a home mail server for 15+ years, the last time I
upgraded software I switched over to a package called 'mailu':

https://mailu.io

Which is all of the usual suspects (postfix, dovecot, database (SQlite),
webmail, admin interface, antispam, antivirus, etc) rolled into a set of
docker images managed with docker-compose.

--
John Gelnaw <[log in to unmask]>
University of Florida Health IT