Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

R-USERS-L Home

R-USERS-L  2018

R-USERS-L 2018

Materials for today's meetup presentation are up

"Millar,Justin J" <[log in to unmask]>

UF R Users List <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 17 Jan 2018 17:51:09 +0000

Hello everyone,

We're excited for today's presentation by Joe Andreoli from the Geography Department. I have put up a repository on the group's GitHub (https://github.com/ufrmeetup) containing the R script and associated files Joe will be using today. I recommend installing the packages prior to the meetup (the first few lines of code will do this). As some of you may already know, spatial data analyses often include large files, so we've had to compress the "Current" folder in order to satisfy GitHub limits. For those of you that are unfamiliar GitHub, here's a guide for getting the data onto your computer:

1. Follow this link to access the GitHub repo: https://github.com/ufrmeetup/andreoli

2. Click the green "Clone or download" button, and select "Download ZIP"
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

3. Locate this file (likely in your Downloads folder), and unzip or Extract All... the file:
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

4. Once extracted, locate the folder 'andreoli-master' (not the zipped file):
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

5. In this folder, you'll have to also Extract the "Current" folder. If this option isn't available, you have probably selected the zipped file and not the actual folder
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

6. After extracting the 'Current' files your folder should look like the image below, from there you can open the R project files and then in RStudio open the Andreoli_R_Meetup.R script.
[cid:[log in to unmask]]

If you have questions about this or anything else just find me at the meet up. See you soon!
Justin

Justin Millar
PhD Candidate | University of Florida
Forest Resources and Conservation | Emerging Pathogens Institute
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 248-229-8782 | 409 McCarty C
http://justinmillar.com/

This list strives to be beginner friendly. However, we still ask that you