]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

R-USERS-L Home

R-USERS-L  2018

R-USERS-L 2018

R meetup and Data Carpentry Workshop on Feb 21 and 22

"Toh,Kok Ben" <[log in to unmask]>

UF R Users List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Feb 2018 21:15:32 +0000

text/plain

Hi everyone,

This week's R meetup will be on Wednesday (Feb 21; 4-6pm) at Marston science library Room 136. There will be no presentation for this R meetup. However, we'll still be around for the two hours and we invite everyone with R expertise or with R question/problem to hang out and we'll help each other out. We also love to hear from you about what types of analyses/projects are interesting for you.

For those of us who are interested in the basics of R and using R to explore and manipulate data, you are welcome to join us at the Data Carpentry workshop series on Thursday (Feb 22; 3-5pm) also at Marston science library Room 136. This week we will talk about advanced dataframe manipulation. This will be a continuation of the data manipulation using `dplyr` session two weeks ago, and we'll get to learn how to join tables. The workshop series is held on every Thursday until March 1. Check the following webpage out for more information such as the learning material and schedule (https://ufrmeetup.github.io/2018-01-18-UF-R/).

Our website the group and the meetup is up at http://www.r-gators.com/. If you have any questions, suggestions and if you are interested in helping us out in the organization of this meetup, feel free to contact us (Justin: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Ben: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Shawn: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)! Also if you, or your friends or colleagues want to join the UF R User mailing list and keep up to date with our meetup and workshops and getting helps about R, sign up here (http://tinyurl.com/UFRUser).

Thank you.