R meetup on Mar 14

"Toh,Kok Ben" <[log in to unmask]>

UF R Users List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Mar 2018 16:19:16 +0000

text/plain

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a great spring break!

This week's R meetup will be on Wednesday (Mar 14; 4-6pm) at Marston science library Room 136. Shawn Taylor will be presenting about the introduction to geospatial raster data in R on the first hour (4-5pm). This presentation will be of "tutorial style" which will be great for anyone who wants to start using R for GIS work or people who need a refresher on the basics of how to open, plot, reproject, do calculations, and work on multiple sets of raster data.

In the second hour (5-6pm), we invite everyone with R expertise or with R question/problem to hang out and we'll help each other out. We also love to hear from you about what types of analyses/projects are interesting for you.

Our website the group and the meetup is up at http://www.r-gators.com/. If you have any questions, suggestions and if you are interested in helping us out in the organization of this meetup, feel free to contact us (Justin: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Ben: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Shawn: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)! Also if you, or your friends or colleagues want to join the UF R User mailing list and keep up to date with our meetup and workshops and getting helps about R, sign up here (http://tinyurl.com/UFRUser).

Thank you.