]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

R-USERS-L Home

R-USERS-L  2018

R-USERS-L 2018

R meetup with presentation about Shiny on Mar 28

"Toh,Kok Ben" <[log in to unmask]>

UF R Users List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 26 Mar 2018 19:49:31 +0000

text/plain

Hi everyone,

This week's R meetup will be on Wednesday (Mar 28; 4-6pm) at Marston science library Room 136. In the first hour of the meetup (4-5pm), Justin will be giving a presentation on the Shiny package in R. Shiny allows R users to create interactive web application right from R without any knowledge of HTML/JavaScript/CSS. Shiny apps can be freely hosted on www.shinyapps.io, and can have a wide range of potential uses. Shiny is a broad topic (way more than we could cover in a hour!), so this presentation will focus on the basics of Shiny, resources for learning Shiny, and some examples of Shiny apps. We will also have a demonstration of creating a simple app for some data exploration.

The second hour (5-6pm) will be an "open lab" session and we invite everyone with R expertise or with R question/problem to hang out and we'll help each other out. We also love to hear from you about what types of analyses/projects are interesting for you.

Our website the group and the meetup is up at http://www.r-gators.com/. Here you can find the presentation materials and videos of our meetup, and also other resources related to R within the UF. If you have any questions, suggestions and if you are interested in helping us out in the organization of this meetup, feel free to contact us (Justin: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Ben: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Shawn: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)! Also if you, or your friends or colleagues want to join the UF R User mailing list and keep up to date with our meetup and workshops and getting helps about R, sign up here (http://tinyurl.com/UFRUser).

Thank you.