]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

R-USERS-L Home

R-USERS-L  2018

R-USERS-L 2018

R meetup on Apr 18 and presentation on plotting interactive map

"Toh,Kok Ben" <[log in to unmask]>

UF R Users List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 16 Apr 2018 22:13:02 +0000

text/plain

Hi everyone,

This week’s R meetup will be on Wednesday (Apr 18; 4-6pm) at Marston science library Room 136. This week, Justin will talk about plotting interactive maps in R. The `leaflet` package in R, similar to `plotly`, uses javascript to enrich our diagrams. Using leaflet, we can display an area of the map with particular features; viewers can zoom in and out, or click on a particular point for more information. Since the map is rendered in javascript, it can be embeded in any web document and we can incorporate it in Rmarkdown or Shiny apps.

The second hour (5-6pm) will be an “open lab” session and we invite everyone with R expertise or with R question/problem to hang out and we’ll help each other out. We also love to hear from you about what types of analyses/projects are interesting for you.

Our website the group and the meetup is up at http://www.r-gators.com/. Here you can find the presentation materials and videos of our meetup, and also other resources related to R within the UF. If you have any questions, suggestions and if you are interested in helping us out in the organization of this meetup, feel free to contact us (Justin: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Ben: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Shawn: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)! Also if you, or your friends or colleagues want to join the UF R User mailing list and keep up to date with our meetup and workshops and getting helps about R, sign up here (http://tinyurl.com/UFRUser).

Thank you.