Re: Mixed effect models

Ben Bolker <[log in to unmask]>

UF R Users List <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jul 2018 15:17:31 -0400

text/plain

  I don't. I have to say I'm not even a fan of the model-*testing*
approach to choosing between fixed and random effects (i.e. the
Hausman test, mostly used in econometrics); I would prefer to choose
fixed vs random for a particular effect on first principles (or on
pragmatic grounds, e.g. I don't have enough levels/the model is
singular).
   Can you give more context/say more about your goals?