Welcome R-ladies Gainesville!

"Amratia,Punam S" <[log in to unmask]>

UF R Users List <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:40:56 +0000

text/plain

[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/3aYKQaVBOvcHVIFwlM-t4Uzgc9L5sSVwrO95xu_6T8Ltz5KlVTzEXMhdZUY3g0frObryW2_u3YQihMBSRPGRjy_dO4MTucJNKa1UovpuR7x4wtx8Mc5Maij3eq2_uYqR4z5YAu8]

Hi there!

Something exciting is happening this summer: we are launching an R-Ladies chapter in Gainesville / Alachua county!

R-Ladies Gainesville welcomes members of all R proficiency levels, whether you're a new or aspiring R user, or an experienced R programmer interested in mentoring, networking or expert upskilling. Our non-profit, civil society community is designed to develop our members' R skills & knowledge through social, collaborative learning & sharing. Supporting minority identity access to STEM skills & careers, the Free Software Movement, and contributing to the global R community!

A local chapter of R-Ladies Global<https://www.rladies.org>, R-Ladies Gainesville exists to promote gender diversity in the R community worldwide. We are pro-actively inclusive of queer, trans, and all minority identities, with additional sensitivity to intersectional identities. Our priority is to provide a safe community space for anyone identifying as a minority gender who is interested in and/or working with R. As a founding principle, there is no cost or charge to participate in any of our R-Ladies communities around the world.

We are aiming to have an inaugural meeting in August 2018, and we will send out more information closer to the date. In the meantime, we’d like to find out from *you* what you would like to see us implement. We have developed a survey to guide our activities, and it would be great if you could take a few minutes to let us know your thoughts and wishes: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3q9uhxYQs15srv5uFAx6b6QyeYrtgZjlY6y9ocB3jSTAj2g/viewform
You can also join us on our Meetup.com<https://www.meetup.com/rladies-gainesville/> site, or follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/rladiesgnv>.

Best,
Punam Amratia and Geraldine Klarenberg
Meetup link: https://www.meetup.com/rladies-gainesville/