Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Signal's disappearing messages discovered lingering on Macs
From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 10 May 2018 09:38:25 -0500

One reason for Signal app's popularity is its ability to send messages that
are deleted from the app after a preset time period, but that may not
always be the case, a security researcher warns.

The Mac version of the app displays recently received messages in the macOS
Notification Center, but because of the way Macs handle notifications, the
messages linger on the recipient's notifications bar even if the message is
set to self-destruct using Signal's timer, Motherboard reported Wednesday.
The notifications display the sender's name and the message's content.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cnet.co_2ryiPii&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=jnB6JUoeQLDfEyJEiM60fiRkyHJGgaPgvnltuhK8eN4&s=5UR9aX0lZWtzYbAw1G6PxMSSpVX0CjQ76c7XbfgKJkk&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cnet.co_2ryiPii-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=jnB6JUoeQLDfEyJEiM60fiRkyHJGgaPgvnltuhK8eN4&s=tJiRt6F2vUfMlDAb7lM22yVNE7g9dauoOgNLlCB03Bw&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx