Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: FOI minister Jinny Sims apologizes for using her personal email in government
From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 11 May 2018 09:30:37 -0500

*VICTORIA* — The minister in charge of B.C.’s records management apologized
Thursday for using her personal email while on the job.

Citizens’ Services Minister Jinny Sims told reporters she should never have
used a personal email account to contact her staff, deputy minister and
chief of staff to the Premier’s Office. The practice is generally not
allowed under B.C.’s Freedom of Information rules because personal emails
have in the past been used by some to circumvent the FOI process and
communicate government business without leaving an official record.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2wwnhDb&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=LSm_MQ9J2XxF0WvN8_h9x-XZGXe2XOWLTd_yTl8Zvmo&s=GYzUuV0owt3FfX6jYYRueAQ43TGKm0HxiBSg4R1yH_g&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2wwnhDb-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=LSm_MQ9J2XxF0WvN8_h9x-XZGXe2XOWLTd_yTl8Zvmo&s=IL2pfqJpbB5tRWoEeWkPUUq9X0zWaMBbjvEs4UL0Btk&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx