Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: A Records Center is not an Archives: Transfer Forms!
From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 8 May 2018 09:32:31 -0500

Hated hated hated. “Where’s the room for folder level info?” I said. “Why
should the creator have to fill out their own schedule number? Why are we
having them give us a box number if we’re just going to give it another
one?” Over the past year I have learned to… well, hate it less, let’s be
real. Too many of them still come in handwritten, and I don’t like that we
engrave the location of the records in stone on the form (what happens
if/when we move them?). But, it occurred to me, I was thinking about this
as an archivist, and not as a records manager.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2wp7eab&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=iKZH1KUaqdQrbuSEM_rsJ5Bp6cQkeYBtpMOniP4dyvY&s=HSfPhY7YFlFZ1822rttfC4d1gb5uR4mtn3OWt-IeMDc&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2wp7eab-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=iKZH1KUaqdQrbuSEM_rsJ5Bp6cQkeYBtpMOniP4dyvY&s=U3mUc9ByevL5sjXygEcb5cTbaYr7tQQDTudsvXbwSz0&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx