Hello again! The ABP is now looking for a full-time Summer Intern for our RIM program - ideally to start in early June and run through mid-August. We had the position filled (actually a commitment in January), but that commitment fell through late last week. We have typically filled the position with graduate-level Library and Information Science or Information Science students, but the position is available to any graduate/undergraduate student (or recent grad) with studies relevant to RIM/IG. The job description is below, and anyone interested in the position can email their resume to me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Please feel free to share the job posting with any students or recent graduates who you feel may be interested.
Records & Information Management Intern
Records & Information Management, Information Technology and Informatics
Director, Records & Information Management
Under the supervision of the Director of Records & Information Management (RIM), the RIM Intern will help the Director of RIM advance the RIM program at the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP). The intern will assist with the development of strategies to further the RIM Department's progress towards an increasingly digital environment. Additionally, she/he will assist the RIM Director and staff with the development, implementation, and administration of the ABP's Document Management/Records Management systems. The intern will also help organize, research, and digitize the paper records collection for the ABP, as well as implement methods to secure and preserve paper records that must be maintained in paper format.
Currently pursuing a graduate degree in Library or Information Science or other Information Management field of study.
* Strong background and/or education in Document, Content, and Records Management Systems and/or related technologies (experience with SharePoint is a plus)
* Experience and/or study in Records & Information Management, Information Governance, IT Governance and/or Data Governance is beneficial
* Familiarity with digital scanners and other imaging technology, as well as digitization best practices
* Assist the Director of RIM with research into the ABP's current and past practices of managing records and information and apply that research to the continuing development of the ABP's RIM program, especially progress towards a primarily digital environment
* Under the guidance of the RIM Director, undertake various projects to optimize the lifecycle management of the ABP's records and information
* Work with the RIM Director and IT/RIM staff on the planning, development, and implementation of a Document Management/Records Management System
* Assist in analysis of the existing records and information environment at the ABP to determine records collections needing digitization or other preservation attention
* Assist with the digitization of paper records and upload/index content into the ABP's Document Management System
* Through quality control measures, verify metadata for existing electronic records
* Assist with the preparation for storage of the ABP's vital records and other records with extensive or permanent retention
* Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
* Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize projects and assignments
* Ability to work with highly confidential information
* Demonstrate strong analytical capability and attention to detail
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Internship Time Period:
June 2018 - mid-August 2018. 37.5 hours/week.
Internship Pay Rate:
$15-$18 per hour depending on qualifications
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee/contractor in this position. Employees/Contractors will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This job description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than the employment-at-will relationship.
Again, if you or anyone you know is interested in the position, please email me your resume at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Brett Wise CRM, FIP, CIPT, CIPP/US, IGP, CIP | American Board of Pediatrics
Director of Records & Information Management
111 Silver Cedar Court
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
[log in to unmask]
List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html
Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance
To unsubscribe from this list, click the below link. If not already present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.
mailto:[log in to unmask]