Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Despite tougher obligations, “mismanaged” corporate security has left billions of identity records exposed
From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 May 2018 14:55:54 -0500

More than 3 billion identity records were found spread across visible and
underground online sources during 2017, according to new research that
lends further weight to suspicions that protection of personally
identifiable information (PII) is proving tremendously ineffective in the
face of thriving demand from online cybercriminals.

The records – which were located by security firm 4iQ during a search by
automated crawlers across openly available online web, social-media,
underground, black markets and dark-web destinations – were plucked from
more than 8.7 billion raw data records and represent a more than 64 percent
increase compared with the same exercise in 2016.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2Ipzhfm&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=sjzO-xQjayuRicNvSO6A2LD-LjxLcmyVMzmt2jOzlAQ&s=e-szeH4oOKK59S-xTaJJk_6I1vyw5lAOKYvKfor6ySU&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2Ipzhfm-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=sjzO-xQjayuRicNvSO6A2LD-LjxLcmyVMzmt2jOzlAQ&s=qSO_lKLO9DCSv3u4QeM0mf6Zk6MCS7OQfPm5Rh0wfig&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx