Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Rethinking data storage strategies with reverse-cloud models
From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 10 Jun 2018 21:11:35 -0500

There are many enterprise storage discussions today focused on moving data
to public clouds for archival as the cost of entry is modest, especially
when immediate capacity is required.  But, once you make that commitment to
a public cloud, there may be scenarios that require the data to be moved
back on-premises in a reverse cloud storage strategy.

This may include a need for IT to control some critical data (such as
transactional, inventory or proprietary), meet certain regulations (such as
GDPR), comply with specific standards, respond to audits, perform
analytics, or simply for financial reasons.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2Md5uVn&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=yZkz08Vx_Ng_Qt3qhlF2-E7UI3yJ6dALTxQmkvp8ILg&s=yqLnM_vqHUZoQpxyNzJGQHS6vmxe0GqP5Ju7gZteO3o&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2Md5uVn-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=yZkz08Vx_Ng_Qt3qhlF2-E7UI3yJ6dALTxQmkvp8ILg&s=H7UXpbF0F4EtKfG7enpywS-vNlW82k2vfmf6QFbzjb0&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx