Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Time key to saving historical documents from the fire
From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:28:03 -0500

Photos, records, journals, any paper items that survived the fire at the
Aberdeen Museum Saturday morning might stand a chance of being preserved
and repaired if experts are able to get to them before mold sets in, some
of those experts said Monday.

“For records, the big problem after a fire is that things are wet and you
can’t go many days before you start developing mold,” said Washington State
Archivist Steve Excell. “So we try to get in there as quickly as possible
to recover any paper records, photos, volumes of rare books, journals,
ledgers, there might even be some pioneer journals in there.”

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2LK4SFD&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=3zjUdQEwCQvKZUHAPLWAtHeGFMhxuWFHx__Y6t1LZr8&s=IAy8g2kFoQ0CIgvw5n05t0ppyOPD4zDIHqB4yPHD-iY&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2LK4SFD-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=3zjUdQEwCQvKZUHAPLWAtHeGFMhxuWFHx__Y6t1LZr8&s=mXg-m7NnOv62azfn662R_RNE8yQ8XZuG_qENpZm41Nw&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx