Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: 2017 Obama Presidential Center breaks from National Archives model
From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:57:09 -0500

From Boston's John F. Kennedy Library to Southern California's tribute to
Ronald Reagan, America's 13 major presidential libraries get about $65
million a year from the federal government. That opens the facilities,
which typically gloss over their namesakes' faults, to criticism that they
are taxpayer-funded "centers for presidential spin."

The Obama Presidential Center in Chicago's Jackson Park will take a
different route, opting out of the presidential library network operated by
the National Archives and Records Administration —and the millions of
dollars in federal support that go along with membership.

 https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trib.in_2JyG6f9&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=ASYIVVsc7chDnQusTSQKefZBm3ELlS-EyyeCZ1f9_Yc&s=QgF8dEJerV9vXl8k69VzKBeVq2VZ62mJnvQYstZFcSs&e=
 https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__trib.in_2JyG6f9-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=ASYIVVsc7chDnQusTSQKefZBm3ELlS-EyyeCZ1f9_Yc&s=x2dkTOdQ60tLdxfCmmtf_LCHGXzqejDDJrSKQg9kALE&e=
--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx