Help for RECMGMT-L Archives

RECMGMT-L Archives

Subject: Managing Metadata for Permanent Records: What if the metadata required for transferring permanent records are stored separately from the records themselves?
From: PeterK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 10 Jun 2018 19:33:09 -0500

Required metadata, as specified in NARA Bulletin 2015-04, must have the
same retention and disposition as the records they describe whether
 maintained in a separate system, records management application, or case
management system.  Metadata must be captured and managed throughout the
lifecycle of records and accompany the records at the time of transfer.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2JvhqEx&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=NSSzN1Ms7hynBXZLtcHiGlUL_2-E3JMfEkoIn-thhD0&s=7CMyCx1BywFl5kHj4qtAgeSPsOZjyCgbsZaR25QDvOs&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2JvhqEx-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=NSSzN1Ms7hynBXZLtcHiGlUL_2-E3JMfEkoIn-thhD0&s=et75jGALNyTTnMHUGVJ12xs9FGsLWFunrbpWToMTSIU&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx