I won't be able to make it to this meet as I have to leave a bit early to catch my carpool ride.
So, my quick updates, and I will catch up via the minutes:
* Meeting schedule for the rest of the semester. --> I advise keep them as they are. However, the calendar is generally more open on Mondays/Fridays this semester for the conference room.
* Board positions (chair, secretary, etc.).--->Let me know who you pick as treasurer and I will send budget updates to them regularly.
* Workshop updates
- Fall R Carpentries workshop. Curriculum discussion?--> Please let Flora and I know a title you would like to run with and we get the registration link up for you. The titles help us delineate which is which when we view in the system.
- Genomics workshop.--> same with this one, let us know if you have a working title for it otherwise we will just label it Genomics.
- Spring ML workshop, meeting with Dr. Michailidis--> Let me know if you have questions I will try to answer and I have sent general dates he's available in November.
* Travel awards update--> Need receipts for those I'm processing but I have seen the notices to everyone.
* More official "carpentries" presence at UF.--> Recommend repeating the social and we will be advertising you at our Symposium this Friday.
UF Informatics Institute
Em: [log in to unmask]
From: Discussion of teaching informatics skills <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Brian
Sent: Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: carpentries board meeting this afternoon!
The next UF Carpentries Club board meeting will be *today*, October 8, at 3:45 PM in the UFII conference room. My apologies for the late notice! Anyone who is interested is welcome to attend. If you would like to join remotely, we will be using Zoom:
* Meeting schedule for the rest of the semester.
* Board positions (chair, secretary, etc.).
* Workshop updates
- Fall R Carpentries workshop. Curriculum discussion?
- Genomics workshop.
- Spring ML workshop, meeting with Dr. Michailidis
* Travel awards update
* More official "carpentries" presence at UF.
Meeting minutes will be posted at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.uf-2Dcarpentry.org_minutes_&d=DwIDaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=ZixkujAsrZg4Oz3UKVf5yGDOS5SiMlTgF111TtMPlrjHgyPDLJquogxxJklzdQa-&m=6CFtE3ulSDQHjdBXxFJu-1OAb2X2QUcM_I4JonHgdQc&s=7hekgAFKA2Shvp9EI0swPh40qXWa-QeMkkfk1dzgsmA&e=