Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: [External] Re: required tutoring

"Kassel, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 1 Mar 2019 22:46:08 +0000

We used to require tutoring for a dual admit program I used to
work with it and the only time it works and works well is when faculty for the specific class worked with the tutors to provide worksheets and other ďvalue addedĒ materials to the session like test reviews. The ones who donít want to go can be shown the value if there is something in the sessions that actually helps them. But to do it with no direction is indeed problematic. By the way thereís a recent dissertation out there about success with mandatory instructor led SI being somewhat successful.

Mike Kassel
UM-Flint