GRADSTUDENT-L 2021

From UF Focus Group Study Survey: Eliminating Barriers to Mental Well-Being for College Person(s)

Grady,Gloria J

Thu, 7 Oct 2021 14:55:17 +0000

text/plain

Hello,

We hope this finds you well. We are Julia Graber, Professor and Chair of the Psychology Department, and Sarah Lynne, Associate Professor in the Department of Family, Youth and Community Sciences at the University of Florida. We are reaching out through your department or organization’s listserv to recruit participants for our study on eliminating barriers to mental health well-being for college students' success.
(Listserv admin/program directors are helping with contact and not necessarily engaged in or sponsoring the research).

The purpose of this research study is to assess student perceptions of mental health support and resources here at the University of Florida. Each participant will receive a $60 gift card after completion of the study, and if any follow-ups take place, folks will receive an additional $15 for a total of $75. We are reaching out to students from diverse subsets of the University of Florida student population, including BIPOC students, LGBTQ students, international students, graduate students, students with disabilities, first generation students, and students without strong social ties to peers.

Can you participate?
Eligibility:

* Identify as a diverse subset of the University of Florida student population

* Be 18 years of age or older

* Consent to participate in the study through either zoom or in-person

* Understand, speak, and read English

What will we do?

* Demographic Questionnaire

* Zoom or in-person focus group

* Possible individual interview

This study has been approved by the University of Florida’s Institutional Review Board (IRB202100640).

If you or someone you know is interested in this study and may qualify, please click the link below to sign up or forward this informational email. To learn more about the study and to meet our study staff, click here: https://psych.ufl.edu/student-mental-health-initiative/focus-group-study/. If you have further questions, please reach out to the study coordinator, Gloria Grady, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

To determine eligibility and sign up for the study, click the link below: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9EkWF6AfBgJ9Dh4

Sincerely,

Julia Graber and Sarah Lynne