Skip repetitive navigational links

Computer Assisted Study Skills Instruction

Rebecca Sartori <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 22 Aug 1995 21:42:58 -0400

text/plain

"Computer-Assisted Study Skills Instruction" is the title of the program used
in the Learning Success Center at Jefferson State Community College.  The
publisher is WFB Enterprises, 1225 19th Street, Beaumont, TX  77706.  Phone:
(409) 898-1983.

Topics covered: Managing Time; Improving Memory; Taking Lecture Notes;
Reading Textbooks; Taking Examinations; Writing Themes and Reports; Making
Oral Reports; Improving Scholastic Motivation; Improving Interpersonal
Relations; and Improving Concentration.  I don't know the current price since
we purchased it seven years ago.

We use the LASSI to prescribe lessons from the program.  After the student
completes the program prescribed, we administer the LASSI again to look for
improvement.  The program has been successful.

The LASSI and Computer-Assisted Study Skills Instruction are also used as
part of our Basic Study Skills Course.

Advanced Options