Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: It is time , I believe....

Georgine Materniak <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 5 Dec 1995 11:45:28 -0500

text/plain

Jim, you managed to hit upon an area that I am also struggling with,
i.e., how to sort through, organize, and deal with the abundant messages
that come across the listserve. As someone who has always struggled with
decisions of what to keep and what to throw out (I come from a family of
compulsive savers of things you may need someday!) and who has become
less guilty about tossing things out, this is a whole new dimension to
contend with.  The time investment is significant but so is the value of
access to colleagues.  The whole process, however, seems to require
another mode of organization. Lately, I have been exceeding the memory
allotted to my e-mail account so I am deleting a lot and transferring
things into my word file.

I would sincerely appreciate any tips from fellow learnasst participants
as to how you deal with the volume of information,storage of material, etc.

Georgine Materniak
University of Pittsburgh