PSYART August 1997, Week 1

Jung on the Internet: August (fwd)

Norm Holland <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:30:37 EDT

text/plain

This is the Jung/Net Newsletter for August.  This is a long posting, for
which I'm sorry.  I urge Jungians to sign themselves up to receive it,
because I would rather not post it here, for reasons of length.  --Best, Norm
From: "Matthew Clapp" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 15:43:16 +0000
Subject: Jung on the Internet: August

_____________________________

Jung on the Internet: August
_____________________________

Greetings,

Welcome to the newsletter, "Jung on the Internet".  The newsletter is
sent out once a month via e-mail to inform those in the Jungian
community about the goings' on around the world.

This one almost didn't make it out.  Also, if you submitted
something for this issue and you don't see it here please re-submit
it for next month.  Sorry for any inconvience, but my computer was
hit by lightning and I lost many of my files.

I hope this medium provides you with an enjoyable and new form of
recieving information about a subject that we all have in common. If
you have events, information, or requests you would like to submit for
future issues please send them to [log in to unmask] and I will
include them in the following issue.   Below I have included the
latest issue of the newsletter.  Enjoy!

The Journal of Analytical Psychology
http://www.thomson.com/routledge/journal/jap.html

     The official journal of the Society of Analytical Psychology,
     London. The Journal of Analytical Psychology is the foremost
     Jungian publication in English. Commissioned by the Society of
     Analytical Psychology in London, the editorial board
     includes leading analysts from the UK and the USA, in
     collaboration with Jungian analysts from around the world.
     Clinical and theoretical articles, book and journal reviews, and
     a lively correspondence section reflect international
     developments and controversies in analytical psychology and
     Jungian thinking.

The Rupert Sheldrake Home Page has been updated.
http://www.uga.edu/~counseling/jung/rupert.html

     Rupert Sheldrake is a Cambridge-trained research biologist whose
     modest proposals in his new book Seven Experiments that Could
     Change the World, has very much upset the scientific orthodoxy.
     His experiments are designed to help explain many hitherto
     mysterious natural phenomena, such as the migration of birds,
     human/pet telepathic connections, and the phantom limbs of
     amputees. He is best known for his theory of "morphic resonance"
     -- " a web of memory linking generations of creatures
     everywhere, allowing the experiences of each to benefit all." The
     author of A New Science of Life, The Presence of the Past, and
     The Rebirth of Nature, he is currently a fellow of the Institute
     of Noetic Sciences in San Francisco.

Peter Elting, Ph.D. has a Home Page!
http://www.uga.edu/~counseling/jung/elting.html

     Peter's new homepage.  Still under construction, but some cool
     pictures.

Alice O. Howell, AFA
http://www.uga.edu/~counseling/jung/alice.html

     Alice O. Howell, AFA, is a pioneer in linking Jungian psychology
     and astrology. She has taught at the C.G.Jung Institutes of Los
     Angeles, Chicago, and New York. She has lectured widely around
     the world on the subject she has studied for over 53 years.

Phoenix Friends of Jung
http://www.primenet.com/~terras/jung/

     Phoenix Friends of Jung was formed in 1984 as a non-profit
     educational society, meeting to share through lectures,
     workshops, and related events our common interest in the depth
     psychology of the late Swiss psychiatrist, Dr. Carl    Jung, and
     to encourage the individuation process.

Ninth Street Center
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/5179/

     This site exists to introduce people to the work of the real
     Ninth Street Center, a not-for-profit volunteer organization, and
     the ideas of Paul Rosenfels. Paul was a Chicago-based
     psychiatrist who, after breaking with psychoanalysis in the
     1940's, developed his own ideas about human relationships. The
     Ninth Street Center was founded in 1973 to teach Paul's
     innovative insights to creative and independent men and women,
     many of whom have gone on to become teachers and leaders
     themselves.

Jack D. Wood
http://www.imd.ch/fac/wood.html

     Professor Wood is American. He graduated in Government from Colby
     College and gained an M.A. in social psychology at Syracuse
     University, followed by an M.A., M.Phil., and Ph.D. in
     Organizational Behaviour at Yale University. He is currently
     training as a Jungian analyst at the C.G. Jung Institute in
     Z=FCrich.

  Jungian Archetypes in Architectural Thinking by Pierluigi Serraino
http://www.uga.edu/~counseling/jung/serraino.html

     The objective of this essay is to survey the reception and
     influence of C.G. Jung's notion of the archetype on the
     production of built work in the architecture of Louis Kahn from
     the Cold-War Period to the early seventies.

The Collected Works on CD-ROM!?
http://www.cgjung.com/jungcd.html

     The C.G. Jung Home Page is pleased to host a survey to evaluate
     interest in the digital publication of Jung's work on CD-ROM

From: [log in to unmask]

JUNG -BOOK TALKS

Coming up
Sunday, October 26 to Wednesday, October 29, 1997

THE MULTICULTURAL IMAGINATION;
'RACE', COLOR, AND THE UNCONSCIOUS'

A discussion with the author
MICHAEL VANNOY ADAMS

"Written in an engaging personal style, Adams's book tells us how our
unconscious handles the 'racial' categories of black, white or
otherwise. It helps us to think about a difficult problem for which
there are no easy answers."
                                                Tzvetan Todorov
                                                 Author of On Human
                                                 Diversity

"Adams's move from 'race' to 'raciality' is as important as the
earlier amove from sex to sexuality. He succeeds in utterly
repositioning the unconscious as a contributor to social and political
processes of healing."
                                                Andrew Samuels
                                                Author of The
                                                Political Psyche

The Multicultural Imagination by Michael Vannoy Adams is published by
Routledge (1996; $19.95) and can be purchased directly from Routledge
(1-800-634-7064 or Fax: 800-248-4724) or from Amazon Bookstore
(http://www.amazon.com)

Jung-Book-Talks is sponsored by the website "Jung, Analytical
Psychology and Culture (http://www.cgjung.com) and by The Round Table
Review of Jungian Psychology (http://www.cgjung.com/rtreview.html For
information on how to subscribe to Jung-Book-Talks send an email to
either [log in to unmask] or to RTReview@ aol.com

 An all-day seminar on

 FATHERING
 led by
 ANDREW SAMUELS
 Jungian analyst and author, London, England

 "Fatherhood is a cultural, not a physical attribute.
 Women too have a paternal role to play."

 This seminar will engage us in a provocative exploration of what it
 means to be a father in this post-patriarchal period. We will look
 at the expectations of the traditional father as a "moral presence";
 what is elemental to fathering and what is a cultural construct;
 fathering as it relates to male physicality and the positive side of
 aggression; fathering and the love between father and son, between
 brothers, between fathers and daughters.

 We will also look at the "good enough" father of whatever sex; when
 fathers most mother and mothers must father; how we can overcoming
 biases about fathering in ourselves, in the family, in politics, and
 in society as a whole.

 Finally, we will imagine a new style of fathering as it might
 develop in the next millennium.

 Andrew Samuels is professor of Analytical Psychology at the
 University of Essex, England, and Jungian Training Analyst in
 practice in London. He is editor of The Father: Contemporary Jungian
 Perspectives.  His most recent books, The Plural Psyche and The
 Political Psyche also deal with the changing political, social and
 personal role of the father. He travels frequently in the United
 States giving lectures and workshops.

 Ths all-day seminar is being sponsored by The Round Table Associates
 for the Study of Jungian Psychology,  The C.G. Jung Foundation of
 the Delaware Valley, The C. G. Jung Center of Philadelphia and The
 Round Table Review of Jungian Psychology Saturday,  October 18
 Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA from 9:30 am to 3 pm
 Admission to Seminar: $65

 For more information E-mail <[log in to unmask]>

NEW BOOKS

"Carl Gustav Jung : A Biography"
 by F. J. McLynn