Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: GPA measures what?

Peggy Keller <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Jan 1998 13:38:28 -0700

TEXT/PLAIN

Amen, Gary!  Add my voice to yours for standardized testing!  You can't
compare apples in Albuquerque to oranges in Omaha and expect to come up
with any kind of valid measurement!

Peggy Keller
English Instructional Technician
Assistance Centers for Education
Albuquerque Technical Vocational Institute
525 Buena Vista SE
Albuquerque, NM  87106

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, TSD99 wrote:

> Gary Probst wrote:
>
> A problem I have with grades is there is no standard of what an A or C
> represents.  We all know their a faculty members or give all As and Bs
> while there are other faculty member or never give an A.  Today, I was
> talking to a faculty member who told me out of five sections, he gave
> only one A.  I would like to see the students who are taking the same
> course take the same test.  In industry this is called quality control.
> Industry is developing standards for different job by having tests for
> certain jobs such as CNA or CNE.  When you go for a job, they want to
> know your score on an inductry test not your college grades.

Advanced Options

<