Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: From Academe Today -Reply

"children guessed, but only a few/and down they forgot as up they grew." <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:34:31 -0500

text/plain

Thanks for your longer reply, Carla--as you said, we really are not that far
apart on this. Some days I am angrier at individuals and other days I am
angrier at the system, but on balance, I do believe that lots of rage on this
issue is getting misplaced. I didn't mean to single you out for my response
about this, but some of what I am reading here is appalling to me. Several
people have written to me to say that my little socio-economic resume just
proves that I am an exception, but I don't feel at
all comfortable with that. I had great parents; I had great health; I had
great friends; and I had some great teachers who saw me sitting there in the
back of the class and drew me into the light--which, when you think of it, is
what education is all about. As you were saying.
                                Susan