Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: Who provides your technical support?

Wed, 14 Jan 1998 12:26:11 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

From: NAME: Debbie Simpson
        FUNC: Junction
        TEL: <SIMPSON, DEBBIE AT A1 AT JCCV06>
To: NAME: IN%"[log in to unmask] <IN%"[log in to unmask]"@MRGATE@JCCW22>

Two years ago I was permitted to hire a part-time office manager/tech assistant
to work with me in the learning assistance center. What a gift! Although there
has been a high turnover of tech assistants (they tend to be able to get higher
paying jobs elsewhere), I have benefited from their expertise. The tech
assistant installs software and helps to train staff on the equipment we have
(10 networked computers on Windows '95 and several kinds of assistive
technology). Although she continues to take courses in microcomputer
applications, she is not a programmer or systems analyst. She keeps track of
problems we have and passes those along to the network support and hardware
support personnel of the college. The major problem there is that the learning
center is not their first priority, so I often have to wait until other tech
problems, i.e., in the classrooms and computer labs, are solved before our
issues get attention.

Deborah Simpson
LAC coordinator
Jamestown Community College