LISTSERV Archives

BRCA-L Home

BRCA-L  April 1998

BRCA-L April 1998

Re: March on Washington, D.C.

Sharon Folland <[log in to unmask]>

Breast Cancer Online Support Group <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 5 Apr 1998 09:37:27 -0600

text/plain

List members:
    At the Team Leader's training in February Fran stated that NBCC is not
going to back the March for the reasons Karen stated.  It is not well
organized, they do not have a specific plan, and many major organizations
have not  given there backing.   I did notice that the American Cancer
Society has recently come on board and decided to back the idea.
    We are now seeing many organizations trying to copy the path that NBCC
has paved as a way to get funds.  NBCC has seen such phenomenal success as a
grassroots organization that  others are trying to copy that progression,
which will probably cause problems for competing funds, etc.   Fran says it
is a good thing, because NBCC has been so successful, but NBCC is not
backing the March, and they would encourage anyone who will only be able to
make one trip to Washington (in case you have to choose between the NBCC
Advocacy Conference and the March) to come the the advocacy conference.
Nothing succeeds like success.
Sharon Folland