TNEWSOM: Congratulations On I.H. 35 TEA-21 Success; Thanks

"Francisco J. Conde" <[log in to unmask]>

Internet and Computer Law Association <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Jun 1998 19:13:54 EDT

text/plain

        Wednesday, June 10, 1998
        5:15 p.m. CDT

        Francisco J. Conde
        Editor and Publisher
        THE CONDE REPORT ON U.S.-MEXICO RELATIONS
        Principal
        CONDE CONSULTING GROUP, INC.
        An Advanced Communications Consultancy
        14500 Dallas Pkwy, Ste. 146]
        Dallas, Texas 75240-8310
        Telephone: (214) 426-3316
        Fax:           (214) 426-6217
        E-Mail: [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

        Ms. Tiffany Newsom
        Executive Director
        North America's Superhighway Coalition
        8300 Douglas Ave, Suite 800
        Dallas, Texas 75225
        Telephone: (214) 706-9099
        Fax:           (214) 706-9162
        E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

        Dear Tiffany:

        My heartiest congratulations go out to the North America's Superhighway
Coalition, its Board of Directors, to you its Executive Director, and to its
generous, farsighted, public and private members, donors, supporters and
friends all over North America and beyond. Their leadership can never be
adequately repaid.

        I cannot thank you enough for your gracious E-mail of today to us, your
former fellow professional colleagues, on this major project. I deeply
appreciate the note, the most valuable information it contained, and I am sure
my fellow colleagues feel the same way.

        Your note goes a long way toward helping the former I.H. 35 Corridor
Coalition consulting team at David A. Dean & Associates, P.C. and Dean
International, Inc., to fully comprehend the long-term, lasting enormity and
historical significance of our joint, strenuous mental, physical, emotional
and intellectual exertions, much of it given before their eventual impact and
positive implications for three nations could be fully envisioned.

        I greatly appreciate the early leadership of and the lessons learned from
David Dean and our outstanding team. I am humbled to have been given a chance
to work with such a gifted, selfless and EFFECTIVE group of human beings as
served at DAD/DII. I am greatly pleased our work contributed to such a
positive outcome.

        Please pass on to the NASCO member friends and supporters our congratulations
for the successes achieved, and our ongoing full support for the efforts
required for those further accomplishments certain to come in the future.

        /s/ Frank

        Francisco J. Conde
************************
Subj:    TEA-21 Highway $200 Billion Transportation Bill Signed Into Law
Date:   6/10/98 3:53:05 PM Central Daylight Time

        Ms. Tiffany Newsom
        Executive Director
        North America's Superhighway Coalition
        8300 Douglas Ave, Suite 800
        Dallas, Texas 75225
        Telephone: (214) 706-9099
        Fax:           (214) 706-9162
        E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

        Dear Fellow Former Colleagues at David A. Dean & Associates/Dean
International, Inc.

        Founding Consultants to the North America's Superhighway Coalition, formerly
known as
        The Interstate Highway 35 Corridor Coalition

        To:
        [log in to unmask] (Clayton Bailey, Esq.),
        [log in to unmask] (Richardo Cevallos, Esq)
        [log in to unmask] (Carlos G. Lopez, esq.),
        [log in to unmask] (Kenneth Martin, Esq), [log in to unmask] (Carol A Stabler),
        [log in to unmask] (Tom Slover, Esq.), [log in to unmask] (Frank Conde),
        [log in to unmask] (Jerry Valdez), [log in to unmask] (John
Polster),
        [log in to unmask] (Mark Janicki), [log in to unmask] (Michael Craver, Esq.),
        [log in to unmask] (Liz Cedillo), [log in to unmask] (Maite Llorens),
        [log in to unmask] (Michael Lloyd),
        [log in to unmask] (Mike Ogden), [log in to unmask] (Maria Penick),
        [log in to unmask] (Marissa Ramirez),
        [log in to unmask] (Rafael Anchia),
        [log in to unmask] (Scott Rider, Esq.),
        [log in to unmask] (Scott Flukinger),
        [log in to unmask] (Steve Thomas),

                I want you to know that I miss you and think of you often.  I am writing to
Club David A. Dean & Associates Alumni to give you some exciting news and,
more
importantly, give credit where credit is due.

        The Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA 21) has been
signed into law by President Clinton (in Washington, D.C. on June 9, 1998).

        This bill contains FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY a category and funding for
trade corridors and border programs.

        Specifically, the trade corridor program was funded with $700
million in Contract Authority (these are "real dollars" as opposed to a
simple authorization which must go through the appropriations process).

        The I-35 corridor is the strongest and most organized of the corridor
initiatives so, if we play our cards right, we stand to get a part of the $700
million.
          In addition to the $700 million, $350 million was
authorized for "special projects" along the I-35 corridor.

        None of this would have been possible without the "team" we had assembled
at David A. Dean & Associates, P.C./Dean International, Inc.  I want you to
know that while North America's Superhighway Coalition, Inc. (NASCO)
celebrates our victory, you are not forgotten.

        I find myself thinking of the ten months I spent with you working on this
project and now that we have cleared our first and biggest hurdle, not many of
you are here to
celebrate with me.

        So, on behalf of the NASCO Board of Directors (in
particular Denton County, TX Judge Jeff A. Moseley, Oklahoma State Sen. Keith
C. Leftwich, Williamson County TX Commissioner David Hays, Webb County TX
Judge Mercurio Martinez, Tarrant County TX Judge Tom Vandergriff, Commissioner
Brown,
County Judge Al Cornelius, Commissioner Harmon, Oklahoma State Transportation
Department Director Neal McCaleb, Greater Kansas City Chamber Leader Doug
Luciani and Detroit Bridge Co. Executive V.P. Mancini) and myself, thank you
all
for making this happen.  You started this initiative - we just kept it going.

        Due to the great amount of support and success we have had over the past
two years in restructuring NASCO and accomplishing our goals, and in
response to our northern states members' requests for a more centrally
located headquarters, I am moving to Kansas City, MO, at the end of this
month.

        This will be great for the project, as we shift our focus from the
intense lobbying effort to trade and transportation policy issues
(harmonization), infrastructure development, environmental issues ("Clean
Corridor" concept), intermodalism, technology (U.S. Customs North American
Trade Automation Prototype), developing International Trade Processing Centers
and promoting economic development, trade and tourism.

        I would love to try to get a group of us together before I move. If not
possible, take care of yourselves.   I'll be in Texas a lot for work, so I'll
try to catch as many of you as possible
whenever I'm in town.  I miss you and, again, thank you for everything
you did for this project.