LISTSERV Archives

CMPLAW-L Home

CMPLAW-L  June 1998

CMPLAW-L June 1998

Re: signoff cmplaw-l

Michael Geist <[log in to unmask]>

Internet and Computer Law Association <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:24:50 -0400

text/plain

Me too - I was gone and suddenly I'm back.  This is the Hotel California of
lists!

>If you don't take me off this I will scream!!!
>
>On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Rainmaker wrote:
>
>> At 02:30 PM 6/9/1998 -0700, Michael Heicklen so eloquently stated:
>> >Me too. It's a joke.

>> >From the original instructions given when you signed on...
>>
>> You  may leave  the list  at  any time  by sending  a "SIGNOFF  CMPLAW-L"
>> command to  [log in to unmask] You  can also  tell LISTSERV  how you
>> want it to confirm  the receipt of messages you send to  the list. If you
>> do not trust the system, send a "SET CMPLAW-L REPRO" command and LISTSERV
>> will send you a  copy of your own messages, so that you  can see that the
>> message was distributed and did not get damaged on the way. After a while
>> you  may find  that this  is getting  annoying, especially  if your  mail
>> program does not  tell you that the  message is from you  when it informs
>> you that new mail has arrived from  CMPLAW-L. If you send a "SET CMPLAW-L
>> ACK  NOREPRO" command,  LISTSERV will  mail you  a short  acknowledgement
>> instead, which will  look different in your mailbox  directory. With most
>> mail programs you  will know immediately that this  is an acknowledgement
>> you can read later. Finally, you can turn off acknowledgements completely
>> with "SET CMPLAW-L NOACK NOREPRO".

>> George Matyjewicz,  C.M.O.  mailto:[log in to unmask]
>> GAP Enterprises, Ltd.        http://www.gapent.com/
>> Moderator of E-Tailer's Digest http://www.gapent.com/etailer/
>> Your Resource for Retail on the Net
>> MYWEB - Marketing  Your Web
>> mailto:[log in to unmask]

Michael A. Geist
Associate in Law, Columbia University, School of Law
435 West 116th Street, New York, NY, 10027, U.S.A.
e-mail: mailto:[log in to unmask]
url:    http://www.columbia.edu/~mag76

The Michael Geist LEXIS-NEXIS Web Lecture Series and my regular Internet
and Technology column are now online and accessible without registration.
Check them out at the LEXIS Legal Education site located at:
http://lawschool.lexis.com/weblectures/lawtech.html

To receive regular email notifications on new Web lectures and columns send
an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the subject line "Web Lecture
Update".