Font:

LISTSERV Archives

BRCA-L Home

BRCA-L  August 1998

BRCA-L August 1998

Re: Help for a friend

"Virginia R. Hetrick" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 3 Aug 1998 17:08:40 -0700

text/plain

Hi, Leonora -

For five years, mine never gave up a peep.  Then, last winter, when I
was rehabbing my hip, I started having sharp pains about 2" below my
axilla (which got severely dissected).  My oncologist said that it
customarily happens "a while" after surgery.  I've been going to PT for
my upper body and the sharp pains have been reduced considerably.
However, on Friday, at my checkup, when she asked about them, she also
noted that they're likely to come back because they're likely related to
scar tissue (which makes sense to me because the PT said that part of my
problem was that the scar tissue which had been "loose" before had
become quite hard while I was using the walker and crutches for the
hip).

I have occasionally had sharp pains to my mediasteinum and on the left
side, but only in the area where I had cracked ribs from a car accident
($200 to my car and the other car was totalled).  I still get those 9
years later. (I no longer worry whether they're cancer-related, but it
took a LONG while!)

HTH.

vh
--
\ /     Virginia R. Hetrick, here in sunny California
 0      Voicemail:  310.471.1766