Skip repetitive navigational links

Re: [Fwd: Job Announcement in Alaska]

Jack Berdeaux <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 Nov 1998 21:06:25 -0500

text/plain

If you are white, think twice. there is a lot of discrimination against whites on Barrow. Get
on an education list serve and ask some of your colleges first who have lived there.

If you have to have a drink once in awhile -- forget it Barrow is dry as a Whale bone.
Before you ask, yes I have lived in Alaska. So if you want to ask any question, go ahead.
Jack

Ronald Illingworth wrote:

> --------------141E49B801C248F02794D07C
>
> Friends:
>
> A colleague asked me to post this to our listserv.  If you have any
> questions about the job, feel free to contact April Crosby at  "April
> Crosby, Dean of Instruction" <[log in to unmask]> .  She is the
> current Dean of Instruction at ASIC.  I would also be willing to provide
> info about Barrow, Alaska, having been there a few times.
>
> Ron
> --
>                          Ronald D. Illingworth
>                           Associate Professor
>
>                 Work                                               Home
>    University of Alaska Fairbanks          P.O. Box 57402
>    Interior-Aleutians Campus                 North Pole, AK  99705
>    P.O. Box 756720                              907-488-0446
>    Fairbanks, AK  99775
>    fax: 907-474-5208
>    Phone:  907-474-5987
>                        e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
> --------------141E49B801C248F02794D07C

> Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 12:38:33 -0900
> To: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,
>         <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,
>         <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,
>         <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,
>         <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,
>         <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,
>         <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,
>         <[log in to unmask]>, "Roger Trottier" <[log in to unmask]>,
>         "Richard Turner" <[log in to unmask]>
> From: "April Crosby, Dean of Instruction" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Job Announcement in Alaska
>
> Colleagues,
>         Please help me distribute the recruitment information below as widely
> as possible.  This is a fascinating opportunity for people intrigued by
> Alaska, interested in working in cross-cultural settings, or challenged by
> contributing to a developing institution. The compensation is very
> competitive.   Feel free to forward it to listserves or individuals who
> might be interested.  I'm happy to talk with anyone about my experience
> here.  Thanks!
>
> April E. Crosby, Ph.D.
> Dean of Instruction
>
> POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
>
> DEAN of INSTRUCTION
> Ilisagvik College, Barrow Alaska
>
>         Live and teach in the high Arctic at Ilisagvik College in Barrow,
> Alaska.  Located on the north coast of Alaska, Barrow offers small town
> living (population 4,500), a fascinating natural environment and the rich
> culture and values of the Inupiat Eskimo people.  Barrow offers touches of
> the city, with local Internet access, well-equipped public schools, and one
> of the few mass transit systems north of the Arctic Circle.
>
>         Ilisagvik College is a community-oriented, two-year college which
> offers AA and AAS degrees, and certificate and endorsement programs.  While
> programs meet national standards, student recruitment focuses in Alaska and
> [...]

November 2020
October 2020
September 2020
August 2020