LISTSERV Archives

BRCA-L Home

BRCA-L  December 1998

BRCA-L December 1998

Re: lymphedema

Renee Kaplan <[log in to unmask]>

Breast Cancer Online Support Group <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 12 Dec 1998 20:47:37 -0600

text/plain

Here is another reply from a member of the Lymphedema Online Support Group.

Renee

   I often develop tiny blister type elevations either in the armpit of the
lymphatic arm or anywhere along the arm.  Often they will disappear, but just
as often they will begin to seep lymph fluid and it is almost impossible to
stop the flow.  Often I notice that my sleeve is wet and really have trouble
finding the spot that is seeping (it can be that tiny).  Fortunately my
dermatologist gave me a liquid which when applied to the spot will stop the
seeping.  Perhaps this is what others might refer to as a weeping arm.